Gone are the days when mobile phones functionality was limited to calls and messages and the concepts of email, digital marketing, internet and smartphones were non-existent. Things have changed. The technological advancements have changed the way we used to communicate and manage our day-to-day affairs. One of the by-products of such advancements is on-demand economy.
Innovations have changed the entire landscape of business. Digital marketing has taken over the traditional marketing and the idea of a mandatory brick-and-mortar office has vanished into thin air. People with great ideas can easily start a new business with just a mobile application or a website regardless of their geographical location.
A great idea identifies a gap or an opportunity in the existing market and converts it into a successful business. Ride hailing services like Careem and Uber are the perfect examples of how great ideas can be converted into successful realities.
With this article, we intend to help our readers understand how they can benefit from such innovative ideas. Careem is the first ride-hailing service of Pakistan and enjoys the first mover advantage. The company helps people commute easily by connecting them with its drivers (referred by the company as captains). The company offers various incentives to the users and drivers, which is perhaps one of the main reasons of its popularity in the country, where public transport services are in bad shape.
As a customer, you can benefit from this service by using it to commute hassle-free within the city. Whereas, as a driver or captain you can make money. However, some people don’t know how to register themselves as a Careem captain, while others have trust issues. This article will only address the former, which will eventually remove any trust issue you may have.
Basic Requirements To Register As A Careem Captain
To register yourself with Careem as a captain, you need to have:
- A valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
- A valid driving license.
- A personality verification form from Police.
If you meet all the basic requirements mentioned above, then as an applicant you have to follow a specific procedure to successfully register yourself as a Careem captain. Follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below to register yourself as a captain at Careem:
- Log-on to Careem’s official website
- Select your city by clicking on the drop down menu.
- Fill the form that requires you to provide your personal details including CNIC number and driving license number.
- After filling the form and uploading all the required documents, Careem’s team will formally review your application and will invite you for a free training session.
- After completing the training session you will be asked to take a driving test under the supervision of experts from Careem. Pass the test to become a Careem captain.
Note: Careem will also assess your vehicle’s condition during the registration process.
Congratulations! You can now register yourself as a Careem captain and can start earning.